Coals to Newcastle is a Microsoft Train Simulator Route based in the early 1960's and includes:
- Coal branchlines located in Newcastle Area
- "Short" North section of the Main Northern main line to Sydney from Newcastle
- Part of the North Coast line to Taree
- Enfield and Darling Harbour Goods Yard
- South Maitland Railway (to Pelton)
- Richmond Vale Railway
If you wish to provide any feedback on this route, please use the contact page.
Route Length: 236 miles (380 kms)
Track pieces used: 21,159
Track length laid: 724 miles (1166 kms)
Road pieces used: 12,337
Road length laid: 938 miles (1510 kms)
If you want to look at some of the features(screenshots) of the line click here
Route Map Preview
If you would like to preview and keep the Route map for Version 1 then you can use Tim Booth's (now upgraded to V0.98) excellent trackviewing tool. This update allows the preview to be loaded and kept permanently installed without causing any MSTS errors.
i) Read the readme file first.
ii) Download Track Viewer (V0.98)
iii) Download the Coals to Newcastle Route Map Preview.
iv) Install the above components and open Trackview to view route.